Art DI/O on its way
robin Friday, November 19 2004 @ 11:14 AM GMT Views: 4,014
After spending some time listening to my Squeezebox with a variety of external DACs (P3-A, Arcam delta Black Box 5) I decided to take the plunge and get myself an Art DI/O. I found one on eBay and it's on its way.
There seems to be an healthy community who have modded and tweaked the standard unit to improve performance. Common mods include:
- Uprated PSU (I'll need a new PSU anyway as my unit was bought from the US)
- Replacing input/output jacks with high-quality RCA connectors
- Reducing the output level to standard consumer levels (the stock unit produces peak levels up to 7V; consumre equipment is geared for 2-3V)
- Replacing the stock op. amps
- Replacing internal components with better quality parts (diodes, resistors, caps, etc.)
Watch this space...