Art DI/O on its way
Friday, November 19 2004 @ 11:14 AM GMT
Contributed by: robin
After spending some time listening to my Squeezebox with a variety of external DACs (P3-A, Arcam delta Black Box 5) I decided to take the plunge and get myself an Art DI/O. I found one on eBay and it's on its way.
This unit seems to be very well regarded and has been compared favourably to high-end DACs costing an order of magnitude more than the DI/O.
There seems to be an healthy community who have modded and tweaked the standard unit to improve performance. Common mods include:
I plan to upgrade the PSU and replace the input/output jacks as soon as I get the unit so I can start using it! I'll then consider which, if any, of the other mods to attempt.
- Uprated PSU (I'll need a new PSU anyway as my unit was bought from the US)
- Replacing input/output jacks with high-quality RCA connectors
- Reducing the output level to standard consumer levels (the stock unit produces peak levels up to 7V; consumre equipment is geared for 2-3V)
- Replacing the stock op. amps
- Replacing internal components with better quality parts (diodes, resistors, caps, etc.)
Watch this space...